Played with some really good players last nite ..............

Lt. Bob

Spread the Daf!
The guitar player was monstrously good ...... serious.
When have you heard me say that about anyone?

He was fucking awesome .... drumber was good/bassist was good/sax guy (moi) was good but that git player freakin' KILLED!
They're putting a band together ..... last nite was their first nite and they called me to come play.

'twas much fun ..... afterwards they asked me if I'd be their fourth member doing sax/git.

Man ...... I had to tell them they probably couldn't make enough money to keep me.
Unfortunately bands around here get about $75 a man while I get at least twice that as a single.
Poo ...... I'd like to play with them too.

We'll see if I can make enough gigs with them to get the band rolling and then maybe get a little more money.
prolly not though .................. :(

The guitar player was monstrously good ...... serious.
When have you heard me say that about anyone?

Why ... the last time you gave me a complement, Steve. :D

You should try to make it work with the reserve that your solo gigs will come first.

That's always a hoot when you find people that actually know what thy're doing. I know that's you're day job but cash or no, I'll take playing with pros every time (but I ain't jamming for $25 a man either:D).

yeah ..... it was fun for sure.

They've already contacted me today so I think we're gonna try to find a way to make it happen at least some of the time.
That's how some of my most fun bands started ..... part time projects everyone would do when the opportunity arose and they just blossomed into full time affairs.

Be nice to do a band thing to be honest.
In the summer I did 93 gigs and of those only three of them were with bands and the rest were all solo gigs. pftthhhhppp! Good for your chops but not nearly as fun as interacting with other players.

yeah ..... it was fun for sure.

They've already contacted me today so I think we're gonna try to find a way to make it happen at least some of the time.
That's how some of my most fun bands started ..... part time projects everyone would do when the opportunity arose and they just blossomed into full time affairs.

Be nice to do a band thing to be honest.
In the summer I did 93 gigs and of those only three of them were with bands and the rest were all solo gigs. pftthhhhppp! Good for your chops but not nearly as fun as interacting with other players.

There is nothing more entertaining.

Ya know ... with everyone of such a caliber, the band should be able to demand higher pay than usual!

There is nothing more entertaining.

Ya know ... with everyone of such a caliber, the band should be able to demand higher pay than usual!
nah ..... clubs don't give a crap about that. They want cheap and crappy bands are cheap.

Back