Played some fatass guitars today.

FZmontanaDF

Went ta two music stores today. Tried abot 3 Martin D-15's. 1 wasn't that good, 1 was pretty good, and one had amazing clarity and bottom end. That is a very nice guitar for $600, and at some places you can get it for less that that. I also played 3 HD-28s, all sounded really good. One I would have paid the price for it if I had the money ($1800). I played two American Stratocasters (both sunburst) and an american Tele (sunburst also). I liked the one strat that had 9's on it cause that store did a great set up job. The other with gauge 10 strings didn't feel as smooth, it had a maple fingerboard instead of rosewood. The rosewood ones are way nicer. I also liked the Tele and would buy it if I had the money.

The main reason I wen to the stores was for a science project I am doing in my science class. How the body size of an acoustic guitar affects the tone... Played a guild DV52 at the one store that was a monster(indian rosewood/Sitka spruce). It sounded so thick but also had nice clarity....Very nice.

yep,
Daniel

FX,

Have a look at the following site, I have found a wealth of info there in the past..........www.mimf.com. Spend the time to have a good look around there, it may help with your project.

:cool:

Back