Playback

FourEyesRock

Ok guys heres the deal...as i record i have a delay from my echo layla to my computer (i play one chord and it plays the chord on the CPU like 1 second later) I know thats easily fixed by just muting it and playing...but what if i want to play and hear myself at the same time....say if i were to have a whole band playing at the same time and listening to the music theyre playing on headphones....then while theyre playing and listening the drummer is being recorded. (basically so the drummer keeps on time with the music...)...how can i get everything in sync?

Monitor from the inputs (what souncard manufactures oh-so-marketspeakingly call "latency-free monitoring").

Well this might not work for you but I just use the inserts on my board to run out to the card, and I use the faders to adjust my mix for monitoring. If you don't have a board that will be pretty hard to do though.

There is a way to send your indut signals from in 1 thru 8 to a set of outputs. I have never really messed with it much because of the way I have my DAW set up but it can be done in the layla console. If you have your layla book look through it. I will admit the book does a terrible job of descibing this if I remember right.

Good luck

F.S.

Back