platform to muffle electric drumset

vcgeetar

i am just moving into a new apartment and unfortunately it is on the second story which presents me with a problem. i have a roland td-12 drumset that i bought for playing in my apartment but i cant play it late at night because it sounds like i am stomping on the floor everytime i hit the drums or the kick. Has anyone ever experimented with building a small platform to somewhat muffle this sound? Just because it's late i don't want to have to stop rocking out. any ideas?

Move or slowly poison your neighbor, by sending him plates of fresh homemade brownies laced with sodium-pentathol.
You're on an electronic kit, trust me...you're not "rockin' out".

Oh believe me electric drumsets have come a looooong way. Running the electric drumset through some Trident and running the PODxt through a Vipre..... yah it starts to become a little unreal... But I have yet to meet the people beneath me...

vcgeetar said:
...itstarts to become a little unreal...
My point exactly. Though better than a set of Simmons circa '82, electronic drums will never have the sensitivity, dynamic response or nuance of acoustic drums. Anyway...you need an iso-riser.

TheBigGiantHead said:
My point exactly. Though better than a set of Simmons circa '82, electronic drums will never have the sensitivity, dynamic response or nuance of acoustic drums. Anyway...you need an iso-riser.

why aren't you ripping the piss out of him???????????

man you're slipping

anyway I beg to differ I have a TD10 & it responds "as well as it is set up"

TheBigGiantHead said:
Move or slowly poison your neighbor, by sending him plates of fresh homemade brownies laced with sodium-pentathol.
You're on an electronic kit, trust me...you're not "rockin' out".

Hey ...you sure your name isnt "TheBigGiantDickHead" ?
Lets hear some of your music..or better yet...your gear.
But you wont because

A)mommy wont buy anything for you
B)You dont have any(refer back to A)
C)Your recordings suck and you lack any kind of talent

I could go on but you wasnt even worth this amount of my time.
And go ahead and negative rep me all you want because it doesnt count Dickweed!

EDIT...someone neg rep him..i did but i checked off the wrong damn box!

I have to spread it around before I can neg him any more

indeed I think he rants at everyone to cover the fact.................he hasn't got any gear......................or talent.............................oh yeah & according to TGBH's gay lover~~~~~a small dick

TheBigGiantHead said:
Dickweed??? How's that working for ya...living in 1982?
PM me with your addy I'll send you a calander.

slidey...small? You swore you wouldn't tell.

you truly are a fucking asshole, get a life. all you do is harass people online.

tom18222 said:
you truly are a fucking asshole, get a life. all you do is harass people online.

& doesn't he know it just look at his rep................................anyway without people like Mr. Bigheid life would be boring..............I was going to give hime a good rep but I didn't want spoil his redness........

TheBigGiantHead=A sperm burpin' gutter-slut, who hijacks threads because he can not respond with one ounce of useful information, and he has a small dick of course.

Although him mentioning Iso-risers, blows my mind because this one time he proves him self at least somewhat useful.

But your still a dildo!!!

TheBigGiantHead said:
Yikes!!! I've been called a dildo by a mouth-breathing, comic book-reading, convention-attending jedi-master-wannabe.

I'll bet that hurts..................but you are a dildo

absolutely no question

slidey said:
..................but you are a dildo

Whats wrong with being a dildo?? I wish I was then at least I would be Stuck in a Nice warm Place and Getting Some Action!!....LOL

:D

I have succesfully built a drum platform for my V-drums. $150cdn I have pics but I can only send them via email as I can't resize them for in here. Please message me if you're interested and want to see.
My materials were as such, 2 sheets of 1/2" plywood 4'x4'
2 sheets of 1/2" MDF 4'x4'
25 tennis ball
4'x4' Piece of carpet

I bought dril lkit with holesaw bits (included in my price)
I only drilled the holes in the MDF sheets. Starting my grid 4" from the edge, I spaced the balls 10" apart for a perfect grid of 25 balls.

Result, landlord does'nt know I'm still playing my drums .

Back