Pixma MX860

SRR

Canon Pixma MX860, any thoughts on this all in one? I need to replace my main inkjet printer, and well the scanner is old too, so why not right. It only has 5 ink tanks, two different blacks, and then cyan, magenta, and yellow, is that going to be ok for occasional photo printing?

Is there another all in one that is better in the $170 range?

Seems like a pretty decent unit but as with all printers, the real cost is in the ink replacement and ink economy in terms of numbers of pages printable from a full set of cartridges.

Traditionally, Canon ink prices are a bit lower then HP but so is the volume of ink they give you in each tank.

Beware.

Cheers! :)

I have had a Canon i960 for 8-10 years, we are not sure...on exactly how old it is.

But if we get the same number of photos and text out of a set of tanks mmmh we should be happy. I like the price www.Rima.com has on the generic tanks, probably would buy a set of those or two right away. We only go through a 500 sheet reem every 4-6 months tops, so to us getting a machine that does it all, and keeps the quality for the next 8-10 years :-) :confused::confused::confused: :D:D:D, we'd be more then happy. Probably will pick one up this weekend. Unless there are any horror stories peeps would like to link to or share, about the MX860???

Back