Pity

K-dub

This aptly titled work is the last piece my band worked on prior to deciding to disband.

Love that bass that comes in around 1:00 mark, what is it? Cool sound! Great lyrics/vocals.
Sorry about your band :cry:
It's actually our guitarist playing a Roland guitar synth - fretless patch. Our bass player is on piano. I'm on acoustic guitar and other keys - like the Rhodes that comes in near the end. Our drummer is playing an electronic Roland drum kit.

We're still friends and willing to work w/ each other - but not in the regular manner we approached production. We still have 2-3 half complete pieces we still want to wrap up - but it may take us a bit to finish.

Last edited:
It's actually our guitarist playing a Roland guitar synth - fretless patch. Our bass player is on piano. I'm on acoustic guitar and other keys - like the Rhodes that comes in near the end. Our drummer is playing an electronic Roland drum kit.

We're still friends and willing to work w/ each other - but not in the regular manner we approached production. We still have 2-3 half complete pieces we still want to wrap up - but it may take us a bit to finish.
wow would not have guessed that was the bass on this...very cool, reminded me of Tony Levin on Peter Gabriels solo stuff.

Yeah not a nice word that - disband. On headphones the hats are too prominent and too far left and the snare drops off in the busy parts. Initial reaction was the vocal is a bit loud but as I listen through I think you've got it about right. BVs are real good.

K-dub: True or false - the biggest thing that nobody talks about much in the whole music enterprise is... wait for it... psychology. There should be a psychology forum on sites likes this.

The harmony vocals and string part at the end, then a capella - genius, and moving.

Yeah not a nice word that - disband. On headphones the hats are too prominent and too far left and the snare drops off in the busy parts. Initial reaction was the vocal is a bit loud but as I listen through I think you've got it about right. BVs are real good.
Agreed K - but I don't have individual control over it. Drums were recorded on our guitarist's Roland eDrum kit - and he sent me just a stereo mix of it. I'll see if he can get me the midi tracks and perhaps use some different voicings - plus I can then get control over the individual pieces.

K-dub: True or false - the biggest thing that nobody talks about much in the whole music enterprise is... wait for it... psychology. There should be a psychology forum on sites likes this.

The harmony vocals and string part at the end, then a capella - genius, and moving.
True, P.

The construction of the work was largely the arrangement talents of our guitarist - who is also a project recording studio guy - but the flow, under his direction, and our collective input, was done under his oversight. I liked how he put everything together - even if I think it might go on a little long, I don't think I'd eliminate any part of it, because then the psychology of the piece would fall apart.

Last edited:
Back