Pitch slow down or something

jman1986

hi guys, i have heard this in a few songs and i would love to figure out what the heck it is.

Ok on this song from: saosin - lovemaker.

here is the youtube link, its just one picture and audio plays with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0fD6GlJbo

at 1:08-1:09 there is this effet or pitch bend or something that makes the entire song sound like someone pulled the plug on the computer and made it shutdown. It's a cool effect and i would like to no how to do it, does any of you no how to do this? i have pro tools 7.4 m-powered, Do you no what kind of plugin i would need?

thanks alot!
Jesse

hi guys, i have heard this in a few songs and i would love to figure out what the heck it is.

Ok on this song from: saosin - lovemaker.

here is the youtube link, its just one picture and audio plays with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0fD6GlJbo

at 1:08-1:09 there is this effet or pitch bend or something that makes the entire song sound like someone pulled the plug on the computer and made it shutdown. It's a cool effect and i would like to no how to do it, does any of you no how to do this? i have pro tools 7.4 m-powered, Do you no what kind of plugin i would need?

thanks alot!
Jesse

it's hard to tell whether its happening across the whole mix, or whether it's just the guitars. The quality isn't really good enough to clearly hear whether you can hear the cymbals drop in pitch or whether its just the guitars. If its just the guitars, I would suggest it's like a whammy pedal, if its the whole mix, bounce to a 2track tape and literally press stop - most tape machines will give you that sound!

thanks for the info, but i do not have any tape machines to do that. I am sure that the effect is on the entire mix, it was done in pro tools HD. They prob just added a plugin on the master track, I just dunno what i should do.

awesome!! i'll have to check that out!

I've used it for a few things. It's pretty fun to play with. Just confusing when you first try and figure out how the controls works. Because you can simulate both the stop and start of a tape machine...and control the amount of speed up or slow down you want.

Back