Pitch Control on Tascam DP-008

tobyj

I am looking at purchasing the Tascam DP-008. I have been using the Tascam Portastudio MKIII 4 track for years and have been very satisfied with it except for the 4 track limitation and having to do a lot of bouncing. I'm looking at moving up to the Tascam DP-008, both for the 8 tracks and to get away from the cassettes. However, I was wondering if pitch control is available on the DP-008? I haven't seen a control designated as such on the screen shots? Can it be done on the DP-008 via another method?

I have used the pitch control on the MKIII a lot as I'm not a real fast player on the guitar or keyboard so when I want to lay down a part that is a little faster than I can execute efficently, I slow the song down, play the part and then bring it back up to normal without any loss of pitch and it sounds great (that is, as great as I can make it sound).

I would like to be able to continue this with the Tascam DP-008. If anyone knows how to do this on the DP-008 I would appreciate your sharing. If not, does anyone know of another brand of Digital Recorder that has this option that would be in about the same price range and quality of the DP-008? Thanks.

My 2488 neo has it, but that's a more expensive machine.

I bought mine from American Musical Supply for about $550--and as long as you have a valid credit card (not a debit) they'll split it up in three payments--Pay the first $183 and they'll ship it, you then make two more monthly payments.

Back