Piece we just finished.

the "lead" guitar is out of tune, is louder than the vocals, and is thin/annoying sounding

Yea, we tried thickening the lead guitar up a bit but then it kind of gets muddy as the rest of the mix is pretty full.

The eguitar is recorded with a mic on the amp and the original sound is nice and analog-like rock-bluesy. The guitar is an Epiphone Sheriton hollow body, the amp was a VOX AC something.. (not an e-guitar guy) and I don't remember what MIC. Not sure what happened to the sound along the way...

I didn't mix this, I'm not advanced enough to approach a song with so many elements yet, but I did do the track recordings -> acoustic (way in back), lead vocals, backup vocals and the lead vocals and acoustic guitar are me singing / playing. Bass and drums are machines done by the guy that mixed it. eGuitar is by the other guy in my duo.

Maybe we should record the lead guitar in stereo and place it differently in the mix?
Perhaps that would give it more presence without it being obtrusive or necessarily louder.

Any more feedback is surely welcome.
Thanks for commenting.
SG

Nice catchy song. Good singing - lead and harmony.

Acoustic guitar is a little boxy sounding. I'm hearing a lot of knocks - pick hitting the body or something. And yeah the electric had a string or two out of tune. Just a production idea, but adding just a hint of distortion to it might sound cool. As it is, it's just *so* clean it just doesn't quite work (IMO).

To me the song should have little longer intro. Just a couple of strums on the guitar and bam the song is already into the first verse.

Back