Pics of my mixing console

enferno

nothing spectacular. just recently purchased the monitors within the last week.

Monitors: behringer truth b2031P passive
power amp: toshiba SC-335 100 watt
mixer: alesis studio 32
interface: 2x delta 1010lt's into cubase sx

i'll post some examples of what my humble little setup can do upon request.

P9030003.jpg

P9030002.jpg

P9030001.jpg

179070013_l.jpg

timboZ said:
You may want to space your monitors out more.

BTW nice setup.

Ditto! I think you'll have some difficulty with stereo imaging with your monitors so close together. IMO

thane1200 said:
Ditto! I think you'll have some difficulty with stereo imaging with your monitors so close together. IMO

I agree...i use a pair of event "near field" mons, while mixing Im very close to them, but they remain 6 feet apart, I fit in the middle between em.

aside from that, sweet setup dude....love the desk type thing, looks very functional.

so...wheres the sample recordings? :D

ps......im truly envious of your mic collection.
I have more mics, but theyre all junk. :rolleyes:

I would also consider relocating your sub to the floor......wait........ is that just for your computer? or are you using it with your monitors?

for sample: http://www.myspace.com/srdm

download the demo by steel thunder. the other demo's are complete shit. the method for madness one (my band) was recorded 5 months ago, and i have increased my knowledge and gear exponentionally. the one my to die for was recorded last summer, so it's ouotdated, but doesn't sound half bad.

as to the spacing on the monitors, i definately have no where to put them but there haha. i'm recording out my my living room (still live with my parents, and i'm only 17) and space is an issue, along with being astetically pleasing. the place where the mixer is was actually where the computer monitor used to sit, but i found the mixer was a lot nicer to be on center with the speakers and such, so i MacGyvered a dest by propping up a few of these particle board shelves i had made for my room a while back and no longer use, then laying some nice finished and stained wod over the top, and leveling it with the brown desk. it is quite functional indeed. i have all my cables plugged into the mixer and running behind the makeshift desk like a snake, ready to plug into microphones. the sub (logitech something or another, 5.1 surround sound system) was my only monitoring system, until i got the behringers. since the pictures i've taken the logitech out and put it in my room.

other than that, it is the best that i have, all things considered, and it works for what i'm doing.

EDIT: download the song instead of streaming it. the bitrate is complete crap when you stream it, so you won't be able to critically listen at all.

enferno said:
i know this isn't the mp3 clinic, but any comment on the song?
Sounds really good, though the guitars are panned a little too hard for my taste. But you got some nice sounds captured there. Well done!

Action figure: inspector gadget!

guitar panning: there were 2 guitarists, and they made it extremely specific that each guitarist should be panned hard left and right, so one is able to discern without question which one was which.

IMHO, very very sloppy guitarists haha.

i'll post a clip of my bands current demo (work in progress, i can post just the guitar tracks thogh). my lead guitarist ( i play rythem) is nothing short of amazing.

Last edited:
enferno said:
i know this isn't the mp3 clinic, but any comment on the song?

As someone else mentioned, I'm not a fan of wild panning of lead instruments. Also, the guitar on the left has some "licks" mid-song that are totally buried. If that's intentional, fine, but it was a little distracting to me, though I was listening for such things.

The bass drum is a little too short/muddy for my tastes, I'd have brighten it up a bit. I'd also brighten up the left-side guitar, and move the right-side guitar towars center "a hair" which would give you a little more balance.

You have a ton of frequency spectrum available you're not taking advantage of at all... maybe that's intentional...

Something like so... less panning and a bit brighter... thought different style...Lead Guitar

Back