pickups...

TMFK

ok heres the deal:

I've got an Alvarez AD60s accoustic

I'm trying to build an inexpensive pickup for it.

I have tryed peizo , and it sounds great, however I would have to glue it to the guitar, and fabricate a 1/8 inch - 1/4 inch plug in the soundhole. I dont particulary want to hurt my $300 guitar :rolleyes:

anyways, I can however build a soundhole pickup. But the question is, how?? I have built speakers and mics from scratch, hand winding coils, hand forming cones.. fabricating my own surrounds, etc.. and I have a small 1/2 inch wide round alnico magnet ( very strong) from a pair of jbl pro pc speakers.

ok.. how can i build a pick up from what I have? I also have some random voice coils laying around and stuff, as well as a lot of magnetic wire.

any help?

thanks, TMFK~

ook....

well, I dont have any good mics, and the only ones I have been succesfull at building is the peizo type. Anyways, I dont justy want to amplify it, i want to hook it up to an effects processor so I can add distortion flanger etc. to it, basicly a poor mans electric. I know it can be done... I just need to know how to build a simple pickup with what I have, altho I think the peizo pickup might be my best bet eh?

haha yeah

haha yeah I know what an accoustic pickup looks like, but for the record, I just want to build one! :p :rolleyes: so yeah, I was wondering if any of you REALLY know how one works , or goes together...thanks!

TMFK~

Back