Pickups for my Strat

MarkoPolo

I'm looking for suggestions for replacing my Strat's pick-ups. I like the single coil traditional "strat" sound but hate the noise in the studio. What do some of the pro strat players use? Or can you advise on where to find out?? THANKS

Reactions: apl
That's just part of the deal, man. Do you like the sound now? I got a set of Alnico Mighty Mites off eBay pretty cheap.

You could try shielding it.

cut to the chase, and get some Bill Lawrence L-280s.
check out the harmony central reviews.

there are some very expensive replacements out there...
you didn't say how much you want to spend....

The most popular, and probably best, noiseless strat pickups are the Kinmans. A little pricier, as they are imported from Australia, but they are a LOT cleaner and more traditional sounding than the Fender Noiseless. They work by the same basic concept, but the Kinmans are better.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

apl said:
That's just part of the deal, man. Do you like the sound now? I got a set of Alnico Mighty Mites off eBay pretty cheap.

You could try shielding it.

I agree. Strats come with noise. Noiseless pickups are'nt quite on the mark to my ears. I might eat my words if I tried the kinmann's though. I'm still saving for a set of fralin's, noise and all.

TravisinFlorida said:
I agree. Strats come with noise. Noiseless pickups are'nt quite on the mark to my ears. I might eat my words if I tried the kinmann's though. I'm still saving for a set of fralin's, noise and all.

If you can handle the noise, you will be happier with the Fralins, as far as I'm concerned. But some people just can't deal with the noise, and since it is THEIR sound we're talking about, I'm not going to begrudge them their opinions.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Last edited:
thanks a lot for all the responces, I will talk with guy that actually wanted Me to send this message.

Back