Pickup Question

reflux

My first guitar survived the fire which took my parents' home, and I've recently cleaned it up and removed the pickups (POS's). I'd like to use this guitar as a backup for sentimental and statement reasons, but I've got to get a decent sound out of it. I'm going to use this guitar strictly for clean sounds. My clean sound pickup configuration on my main guitar (PRS Custom 22) is set to 2 out of five, where 1 is bridge pickup only and 5 is neck pickup only. This gives me a nice, crisp Andy Summers-type clean sound, and I'd like to get close to this on the old guitar. I've only got one pickup slot (bridge), and I'd like to keep it this way. Can anyone suggest a pickup and how how to configure it?

thanks

DiMarzio PAF Pro ..

though Andy Summers can make a high gain heavy metal pickup sound like andy summers

adjust the bass side(Low E string) a little higher than the treble side. you need to play while your doing this and listen to the tone difference while the strings get closer or farther from the strings.

finding the sweet spot between distortion(pickups too close to strings) and quiet -poor tone sound- <---- highly technicle talk.. :) (pickups too far from strings) takes a little ear training

good luck!

Back