Picking condensor for female vocals ? please help

dombeyblue1

Hi !

I want to start recording female vocals for youtube. Now I need condenser microphone so dont say sm7b... I want a very "open" "clean" sound.
Problem is I got a budget and that is max 500 $. Im looking at bluebird , ntk(but everyone said its not good for female vocals) , maybe some audiotehnica ? please help I must start recording soon.

Thanks to all. Enjoy

Vocal microphones are a personal fit item. You really need to try different mics on your voice until you find one that sounds the best.

What voice type? I just recorded a young woman who sang quite "high"--mezzo soprano, maybe? I used a CAD Trion 8000 into a DMP3 to record her singing Christmas songs, and it worked out well. The CAD rolls off the high end a bit, and it was a good thing, because the amount of energy in her voice was tremendous. I'm used to recording my voice and other male voices, and I had to really dial down the pre-amp--the difference in the male and female voices' requirements amazed me. I added a little reverb to match the backing tracks' profile, and her voice fit right in.
You don't talk about a pre-amp, but that's important too. The CAD 8000 can be had, power supply, case, and all for around $200.00 on E-bay.

Back