Pick them for me plz, just some cheapo mic

warlock110

I'm trying to pick up a set of mic + mic pre for vocal (just simple 1 line vocal, nothing fancy) as my current gear is no good (and i'm talking about near the border of not usable).

Marshall Electronics MXL V67G <<< 100 bucks, i've heard good reviews on this
OR
Studio Projects B1 <<< 120 <<<< 120 with a 12 bucks discount so it's ~ 110, same thing, also i've heard good reviews.

I just need to pick 1 of those mic, that's what i've rounded down to because of my budget

Mic Pre:

ART Tube MP Studio V3 Mic Preamp <<< 70, mix review but i'll try my luck, not sure if it'll be decent enough

ART Tube MP Professional Mic Preamp/Processor <<< 40 for some reason this thing is only 40-45 dollars, i don't know what the difference is. if you go to musician friends website and search for "ART Tube MP" you'll see both. they look almost the same.

Behringer MIC800 MINIMIC << 40 bucks, again not a whole lot of reviews, no one on here like Behringer, and i've ate one of their mixer that did not work so well (actually it was crap), but i'm willing to give it another try, maybe i just had a dud. other wise it looks ok for 40 bucks.

Again i'm picking these out because of the budget, if i had more money i wouldda buy something else, thanks.

Currently I own the SM-58 and the MXL 990, i don't even know what the MXL 990 sound like because the only mixer that can power condenser mic (the dam Behringer) was either so crap, or did not work. My other working mixer can not power condenser (no phantom power). And i've never had a preamp before, i'm thinking the dam preamp in the mixers are pretty crappy, so might as well go for one.

Back