piano riff

any of you guys have comments on this mix?

this 'song' is based on a simple piano riff. vocals will be added later.

pianola

the song is the first one, 'pianola'.

Thats a pretty cool sounding tune. Very Dark and Moody. Pretty good mix as well, sounds very together. Reminds me a tad of "Virgin suicides" sountrack by Air. Excellent stuff. That woman in love/prostitution is weird.

Short and sweet - I'm guessing that the organ patch was the lead vocal melody on this. A darker heavy tune with lots of emotion and color and flavor. It rings on in my mind as I type - memorable. The mix is good for preliminary, but will need review when you have added the voice...I'll try and check it out at that time.....good job....

Sweet man, sounds very dark and mysterious.
It kinda gives me Uriah Heep vibes, Return to fantasy.

It sounds a bit 70`s wich I absolutely adore, great work man.

thanks for sharing

Very good - has a 70's feel as Nakatira said.
My only concern is the tambourine (?) sound - might need some tweaking either too loud or too something.
Good ending.

thanks guys, very encouraging comments.
the mix is not definitive, i'm looking for a singer and i plan to do the final mix around the vocals. i don't want to change anything about the basic sound though. i always worry about my mixes being too muddy but i seem to have that under controle. sometimes there is only a very fine line between dark and muddy.

hey ray, that 'tambourine' is a $ 20 hi hat recorded with a $800 neumann :D
you're right about it being to loud, i turned it down a tad ... much better.

about the '70's sound : born in '68 ... i was raised on it!

Last edited:
F'Bug,
My 1st instinct was Hi-hat but it sounded so odd I thought I'd best guess something else.That's a nice clash of cash values isn't it - a clash like that should make a grand noise.
Is the remix up for listening?

Back