Philips Conference Unit(CCS 400) as a microphone! How..?

canakas

Hello all,

I recently got my hands on a Philips CCS 400 Conference unit, like the one they use in the UN for interpreters and such.

CCS 400
Microphone
Button and DIN plug
Connectors on the back

The microphone probably isnt the best, but I would like to give this little project a try... that is I want to use the microphone on the unit as a recording microphone.

I have looked everywhere, I have even contacted Philips and a host of others in the lower hierarchy, as the section of Philips that made these, were sold to Bosch, if I am not mistaken. None of the contacted will provide schematics, they cant even tell me what the prongs on the DIN 8 connector are for.

So here I am, without a clue as to where to start.
This leads me to you.
I have now opened the unit, and I took some pictures.
I figure the most important elements of inquiery are:
- operating voltage(since it is probably a small condenser mic)
- prong identity - where can I get the signal from the mic

Plugs on PCB
PCB detail

If anyone has advice or knows something about this unit and its wiring, I would be very happy to hear from you!
And of course thank you for the attention.

-canakas

It think it will be a Bit tough to figure out unless you have a schematic and the Circuit board you posted in the pics looks like it is Double sided so the pics only show half of the circuit or probably less and the traces for all the components of the top of the board are on the bottom of the board.....

One othe connections on the Back looks like the old Tape out/in Jack used in the 70"s ... I just salvaged an old 70"s stereo that had 2 of those exact output jacks on the back and they were labeled "Tape Out" and "Tape In" so maybe if you can find into on this jack format you can find what pins carry the audio signal.....

If you used a Multimeter on the output jack and tested for AC you might be able to figure out which pins are carrying the audio signal.....Some of the Pins might be carrying Power but that would most likely be DC and audio signals are AC so testing for AC should help you find which pins are the audio outputs.....

Well good luck, I wish I could help you more......

Cheers

This is helpful! Thank you mate... Im goin to get a picture of the bottom as well...
Maybe now is the time to get a multimeter... =)

cheers

Back