Phasers used by Jodeci/Devante Swing

royal_design

hey whats up, im looking for a few sounds that have been used by jodeci and others on numerous tracks. The first sound im lookin for is the phaserpad used on Usher's "Can u Get Wit It" and Aaliyah's "rock the boat" even curtis mayfield used it on "No one know about a good thing". The other sound i'm looking for is the guitar phaser on Jodeci's "Pump it back and Time & place" and H-town's "nothing in common". And last but not least, the phaserpads used by devante in the intro's for "what about us" and "let's be allone". As you probably figured out, im a devante swing fan:D

Thanks in advance,

majestic.

hey whats up, im looking for a few sounds that have been used by jodeci and others on numerous tracks. The first sound im lookin for is the phaserpad used on Usher's "Can u Get Wit It" and Aaliyah's "rock the boat" even curtis mayfield used it on "No one know about a good thing". The other sound i'm looking for is the guitar phaser on Jodeci's "Pump it back and Time & place" and H-town's "nothing in common". And last but not least, the phaserpads used by devante in the intro's for "what about us" and "let's be allone". As you probably figured out, im a devante swing fan:D

Thanks in advance,

majestic.

Nothing wrong with that, Devante's got an ill groove....Very under rated!:mad: Nothing in Common was my Jam.... RIP DINO

Nothing wrong with that, Devante's got an ill groove....Very under rated!:mad: Nothing in Common was my Jam.... RIP DINO

true true, well than we have something in common:D

RIP Dino. You got that solo album shazam did?

ps. ima get back at your pm today, ive been busy these days.

true true, well than we have something in common:D

RIP Dino. You got that solo album shazam did?

ps. ima get back at your pm today, ive been busy these days.

I'll be waiting on your PM, I've been busy too, so that's cool!

I was never really a shazam fan. Dino was/is one of the illest and I figured when he went to Heaven Htown was done! Why is his album nice?

That's a tough question. DeVonte had some very unique stuff. I've heard that he used a Kurzwiel for a lot of his stuff but I can't confirm that...

That's a tough question. DeVonte had some very unique stuff. I've heard that he used a Kurzwiel for a lot of his stuff but I can't confirm that...

well he like any other producer used different kinds of equipment in different stages of his carreer. That's why it's hard to find out when he used what. For example he used a se-1x studio electronics and omega-8 but that was not untill the "show-afterparty-hotel" era. I've heard from another producer he used the roland d50, the jv series and the u series. But im hopin there is someone who actually knows Where i can find that patch cause it could very well be an expansion card aswell.

That's some new info bout the kurzweil i didnt hear before, its an analogue synth right?

thanks for the help bro.

Last edited:
Nah it's not analogue, but it's one of the top boards when it comes to sound quality (usually very expensive though). If you're looking for a specific patch, you might run into more trouble than you think. Us synth based producer guys like to customize (or at least make minor adjustments to) our own patches. I doubt you'll find any of DeVonte's sounds in any preset. Even if you find out what synth he used you'll most likely have to re-create it yourself...

Back