Phantom Power HELP

fuk_tHElaWzzz

Phantom Power HELP .... my interface recognizes my mic as an midi device!!!!No sound

Ok so I go and buy this cylinder looking phantom power supply to supply my audio technica at 2020 mic and I am still getting no signal from it. I popped in a working double a battery and hooked it up to my EMU 0202 usb interface and I STILL cant get any sound from my microphone.... I wouldve thought that the addition of the phantom power supply would solve my problem but Im back again here posting.. POST POST as quick as you can so I can get back to recording. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
oh yeah I also restarted my computer up the @ss while updating the drivers for my emu so yeah

Last edited:
What is the model name and manufacturer on that cylinder looking phantom power unit?

When you say you are not getting any sound from your mic, do you mean you are getting low volume, or no volume at all?

Troubleshooting can be frustrating but the main concept is to eliminate possible problems one by one. So you have to isolate each element in the audio chain that could potentially be the culprit, and then with a sort of scientific detachment test each one individually until you find the source of the problem.

I think the first thing to do is try a different mic with your same setup. The chances of two mics not working is slim, so that would tell you if the mic is the problem or something else.

That said, I really think the issue more likely has to do with some setting in software like audio routing, or a driver problem with the interface. But try a different mic first, that's where to start.

Hope this helps a little. :eek:

I am getting NO SOUND WHATSOEVER. Even when I open sound options under RECORDING my computer wont let me adjust the volume. im sorry there is no manufacturer or model name on it just a gold cylinder that I bought from my local music store. the only other mic I have is a 20 dollar computer mic from best buy and I really don't think I should plug it into the phantom power supply cylinder. I uninstalled my other soundcards driver also I am running my sound off of the emu.... Thanks for the help I hOPE I Can get this ish solved ASAP

If there is no sound whatsoever then the problem is either a broken mic or something set up incorrectly with the computer/interface, or a non-working interface.

Does your computer and software recognize the interface? If you go into the recording software, can you assign the inputs and outputs from the 0202?

If there is no sound whatsoever then the problem is either a broken mic or something set up incorrectly with the computer/interface, or a non-working interface.

Does your computer and software recognize the interface? If you go into the recording software, can you assign the inputs and outputs from the 0202?
Both the mic and the interface are brand new... yes my computer recognizes the interface fine... I use Cubase to record i dont know how to set up the inputs but I dont know if that would make a difference..

That makes the whole difference.

Computers are dumb, you have to tell them exactly what you want them to do. If you skip even one step they don't know the difference. So, you need to make sure that every piece of gear and software knows where it is getting its signal, and where it is sending that signal to.

I suspect that in Cubase or elsewhere you haven't set up the audio routing so that the signal flows from the mic to the audio track in Cubase, and then back out to your monitors so you can hear it. You need to double check all that.

I FINALLY got my computer to recognize the microphone as emu midi 1.0 device but still hearing NO SOUND from my microphone. I thought it was hopeless but at least I got it to detect that ho.... DOes that change the scenario now??? POST POST POST

Try this real quick. You just said that your computer recognizes the mic as a MIDI signal?? Go into Cubase, and up under Devices -> Device setup. When you get there, take a look at the VST Audiobay and make sure you have the Emu's ASIO driver selected as the master ASIO driver. Then go down to VST inputs and make sure that they are all active. You also may need to take a look at the Emu's control panel, if it has one, to make sure that your inputs and outputs are active on that as well.

Keep in mind, I use Cubase SL3.0, I don't know which version you have so it may be different steps involved. This will give you a direction to take your troubleshooting though. Hope it helps!

i already made sure the Emu's ASIO driver selected as the master ASIO driver..where do i go to make sure the vst inputs active ????and no the emu doesnt have but a sh!tty little control panel where i can make no adjustments except 4 the sample rate

In SL3, you go right under the VST Audiobay in the device setup screen, and there is a section titled VST inputs. There you should see all of the inputs that your computer can see from your Emu. There is a column titled "Port" and another titled "Visible". Make sure your mic inputs have a Yes in the visible column. Exit out of the device setup, then hit F4 to bring up your VST connections screen. Make sure you are under Inputs, and you can configure your own input templates using the inputs that you made visible in the VST inputs screen.

When you go to the VST connections screen you should get the default input template. I don't remember what it looks like, I deleted it a long time ago. What I would almost recommend doing is deleting all of the input busses (right click on the input under "Bus Name" and hit remove selected bus), and then add your own setup and save it. Makes it easier in the long run.

I dont think cubase is recognizing my mic.... when i go to device manager it shows up fine but i still cant see it on cubase.. I tried doing everything you said but I still cant see my device! im going crazy SERIOUSLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have no idea :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Why cant I see my emu on cubase... I can see emu 1.0 midi device(which i think is my microphone) on device manager, but I cant even see the emu on cubase except for the VST multitrack tab.... WHHAAATT can be the solution I still cant even see the volume levels for recording on volume control.. WIll god Show some MerCY?????????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
OMFG I JUST uninstalled and installed everything again and still cant solve my problem.... WE NEED some experts in this h0 come on POST POST POST

The midi device that you are seeing is definately not your mic. It would be a midi input.

Have you tried reading the manual(s) and quick start guide(s)?

Back