Perpetual Motion

Holy S*** that's fast.... That's like the most fast and furious/frantic piece of music I've ever heard.

The violin playing is fabulous, but the rest of the intruments are equally impressive. Your drum tracks are super on this... Mix is nice - lots on the sides to listen to as well as the main parts in the middle...I like those chimes for example.

Recommendation - download this because the Soundclick player is really wrecking this with distortion and execess highs. Much clearer on Windows Media...

Excellent, just excellent.....:cool::cool::cool:

and in this summer heat to boot....:D:D:D:D

I am getting visions of an old German violinist with his hair flying, sweat pouring out of him, the strings smoking....

Fantastic piece, David. I really enjoyed it. Not one nit from me.

I am getting visions of an old German violinist with his hair flying, sweat pouring out of him, the strings smoking....

That's hilarious!

Yeah, that was really good song. It kind of sounds like you could hear three entirely different songs just by switching between listening to only the L/R channel and listening to the stereo mix.

The drums seemed a little subdued. It might help to bring those up a bit. (or it might overwhelm the whole mix. Who knows unless you try?)

Thats incredible man. No mix nits from me. Those violins are flying, I love it. My fiance actually knew the song and also gives a thumbs up. Sounds great, can't wait to hear more man. Big fan of your stuff. Take care.

Gary

Last edited:
David:
"What can I say"?
Fabulous, fantastic...
Nice groove, excellent stereo,centered violin(s) with a great "focused" image...and Superb playing!

Let me read a bit about the guy...

Ciro
www.soundclick.com/ciromoreau

Last edited:
Thanks for listening Gerry, Rokket, Gbav, Vomit hat, Demented, Ciro and Riff.:cool:

My fiance actually knew the song

Its basically a training exercise for advanced students. Adding drums really helps to keep the tempo. Without them, violinists tend to slow down quite a bit in the nasty sections.

The drums seemed a little subdued.

This is EZdrummer. Nice software but the drums tend to be a bit dull.

BTW, here is the piece the way it goes, before I ruined it:D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn5DU7CZRIg

david,
Speed demon that you are - I loved the Glok Sugar Plum Fairy type touches hard panned.
Fun arrangement.
I reckon the main violin could be LOUDER!

Sounds good David - I like this mix better with the louder violin - it puts the focus more on that part. The synth parts add that same punch when they come in (like at 1:30). Still lots of interesting parts that take several listens to discover. Driving down the road with this on the stereo is pretty intense! :cool::D:cool::D

Wow...that is like fast.

Nice performance David. Sounds great.

I got Keith Emerson vibes at the beginning (brain salad surgery or something), and then rokket's sweaty german violinist and his friends kicked him out and took over.:)

Back