Peluso 2247 LE test.....

JeffreyC

Hey guys - I recorded this Floyd cover to test out my new mic and was wondering if you could give me your opinions on whether or not you think this mic suits my voice. In the past people have told me my voice sounds similar to Dylan, Neil Young, and Roger Waters at times - I know Dylan used a U67 and Young a U87 on some of their great old recordings. I have not been able to test those mics or clones of those, so it has me wondering if this U47 clone is really best for me. I know I really need to be able to just try them, but some feedback may help me. Thx.

http://spinningaroundthesun.com/Music/NobodyHome.wav

Vocal was recorded with the Peluso->RME Fireface 800->Sonar 7 (I plan to get a nice preamp some day - Great River or something like that)

That's a big file... how about an MP3?

You're not going to be able to hear the detail of the mic in an MP3. This is a recording forum right? ;)

I'm hoping those with home studios, nice monitors and gear can give it a listen when they have a few minutes.

I understand... but I have DSL, and after five minutes of downloading it hung up. So I tried again, and several minutes later it crashed and I never got to listen to it at all.

Just trying to help. If you don't want feedback on a decent quality (say 256k) MP3, that's fine.:cool:

...first off, it's hard to judge what's truly good for your voice without actually hearing your voice live...I can tell you if your recording sounds good, but I would have to hear your voice recorded on a few different mics in order to judge which mic best suits your voice...also, your mix is too dense and "treated" to really be subjective...I suggest you upload a file of your solo raw (untreated) vocal track as well so we can better judge the overall quality of your voice on this particular mic...;)

Jeff, that is not a raw file, you have heavy effects on the vocals, which are also in the background compared to the guitar, which is forward. So, I can't give any real feedback about the mic for your voice. It sounds like it could be any mic. From what I can tell, you sound pretty good with it. I have the 2247LE also, so if you want to hear what that sounds like, all my recordings feature it. http://www.rickschafer.net/sound-2.htm The thing is, my recording chain is very different than yours. I use the UA2192 AD/DA converter and the UA LA-610 and the Avalon AD2022 preamps, not to mention my space in which I record, so take it for what it's worth amigo. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
Jeff, that is not a raw file, you have heavy effects on the vocals, which are also in the background compared to the guitar, which is forward. So, I can't give any real feedback about the mic for your voice. It sounds like it could be any mic. From what I can tell, you sound pretty good with it. I have the LE version of the mic, if you want to hear what that sounds like, all my recordings feature it. http://www.rickschafer.net/sound-2.htm The thing is, my recording chain is very different than yours. I use the UA2192 AD/DA converter and the UA LA-610 and the Avalon AD2022 preamps, not to mention my space in which I record, so take it for what it's worth amigo. I hope this helps!

I appreciate your feedback. The wav file should be a raw mix of the guitar and vocal, is that what you listened to? - yes, it's not a raw track of the vocal only - guess I should upload that. :o The MP3 does have reverb and stuff on it. Mine is also the LE version of the mic. ;)

Back