Pedal order. help

Fetusborg

my friend asked me to help him order these pedals in the best working order.
since i only play with overdrive/distortion and booster... i thought i'd ask you guys.

here's what he's got:

Turbo Over Drive
Chorus
Equalizer
Compression Sustainer
Digital Delay

i would suggest:

guitar - TURBO OD - DIG.DELAY - CHORUS - EQUAL. - COMPRESSION - amp

what do you guys think??

since i only play with overdrive/distortion and booster... i thought i'd ask you guys.

here's what he's got:

Turbo Over Drive
Chorus
Equalizer
Compression Sustainer
Digital Delay

i would suggest:

what do you guys think??
Everybody's got his/her own prefs, but I always put compression first.

ggun sums it up perfectly.......the order or combination of devices will determine "YOUR" sound.....what ever that may be.
Do experiment, there is no correct/incorrect chain when it come to git fx pedals, just reccommendations and experimentation!
Compressors can make a massive difference though, if put pre or post!!! (again, no wrong answer!!)

If it were me, I'd go:

OD > Comp > EQ > Delay > Chorus

...but that's just me.

Less time worrying about what everyone else is doing and more time finding what HE thinks sounds good. :cool:

Delay should usually be last in the chain unless you're going for some unusual sound.
Think of delay like trying to replicate a big echoey room. The echos come after all fx's are on and the sound is out the speakers.
If you put delay earlier ..... then you have things going on like the chorus having to process each and every repeat.

here's what he's got:

Turbo Over Drive
Chorus
Equalizer
Compression Sustainer
Digital Delay

i would suggest:

what do you guys think??

Does the amp have an FX loop? If so, put the Delay and Chrous in the loop.

Then run the guitar to the Compressor -> Turbo OD -> EQ

That's how I'd do it.

The reason I put compression first is to avoid compressing the noise from other devices. As the signal from the guitar decays, the compressor turns up the gain (reduces the attenuation, actually) to compensate. If you have any constant level noise coming in before the compression, it can sound like the guitar level is staying constant while the noise level is increasing.

Back