Peavey - JSX Mini Collosus

mikeh

Has anyone actual tried one of these (for recording)? Marketed as a 5 watt tube amp (8" "custom designed" speaker) - street price about $375.

I have a hard time accepting an 8" speaker. Reportedly it has a direct out (XLR) cab simulation "that's really sound's like a cab".

For $375 your can get a Blues Junior - but you still have to run them fairly loud. I've alway's had a soft spot in my heart for Peavey combos and I would like to get a decent sounding 5 watt amp - but I never buy an amp without hearing it - and no one in my area actually carries any.

as I've said many many many many times.
The Epi Valve Jr. head for $99. Most bang for the buck there is ....... 5 watts/class A.
Has an 8, 16 and 4 ohm tap for different speakers/cabs.
There's an internet movement for mods for the little amp and you can find a bunch of guys right on this site that have bought one.
It takes pedals extremely well and isn't very loud although it can actually do gigs if they're soft enough.
I think cephus or someone has some clips but I'm telling you ...... for $99 every guitarist should just run out and buy one. It doesn't do everything but it does an awful lot of things very well.
A nice sounding amp and it's built like a tank.

I am going to buy a valve Jr. this weekend. I would like to hear the mini jsx. Yea the 8" spkr kinda scares me but I would like to try one out. Still gonna buy the Valve Jr head.

I'd be interested in this amp, but it HAS to have optional speaker jack. I'd rather run it into a 1x12. IMHO 8"ers just don't really cut it.

Of all the fucking options this amp could have it has tremelo. I mean fuck giving me some eq or other pratical options I'd rather have an effect that might be used a couple times in the amps life. :rolleyes:

jonnyc said:
Of all the fucking options this amp could have it has tremelo. I mean fuck giving me some eq or other pratical options I'd rather have an effect that might be used a couple times in the amps life. :rolleyes:

Right on man, who are they catering for, Duane Eddy tribute bands?

Back