Peavey ERO 10

P. Glaser

What can you guys tell me about this mic. I bought it to go with a Peavey Autograph RTA back in the early 90's. I haven't really tried it out on anything because I'm not set up to record with an omni, (I don't have a decent sounding room). Thanks.

Paul:D

I have a pair of ERC12s (the cardioid version of the ERO10) and they're decent SD condensers (in their price range). Though not as good as my Neumanns and Gefells, they are certainly in the same ballpark as AKG 451s or AT4041s.

You should try it out; the lack of proximity effect makes an SD omni a good contender for close micing acoustic guitar, mandolin, flute, piano - pretty much anything acoustic. Some kind of absorbent material (cushions, packing blankets, gobos, etc) set up behind the source (perhaps in a 'V' shape) should keep put the worst of the room reflections when close micing.

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll have to get something together as I have a ACM 310 coming that I ordered expressly for micing acoustic guitar. I'll have a go with the ERO 10 at that time as well.

I was also hoping to get an idea of what it might be worth. Anyone have an clue? Thanks

Paul:D

Back