Peavey 50/212. Anyone used one?

LeeJ

Peavey 50/212 (light colour tweed)

I'm thinking of buying one. I play country, both traditional and new Country.
If any one has used this amp for similar style, has it good sound?

any info is welcomed.

PS: Im using a Fender hot rod deville 2x12 at the moment.

yeah i do ...

i have the same amp you describe but mine has recently took back seat to my hotrod deville 410 ....i like the crunch and how my distortion pedals sound through the peavey but i like the clean sound and the slight OD sound of the fender ,to me the peavey is a lil brighter than i want ...it came to me in a way that i could keep both so i'm happy ...having said that, right now if you put a gun to my head and made me choose i would take the fender over the peavey :cool:

Yo...I had the Peavey Classic 50 (2 X 12), if that is the amp you are referring to. I loved that amp to death. I play a lot of blues and the clean tones were really nice. I think it would be perfect for your style of music. I play a Strat...so that is my point of reference. I had to sell it because I moved and couldn't take it with me. I only paid like $250 used for that damn thang. Great deal!

$$$$....

yeah,how much are you going to pay for it ? i see you're from the U.K. so i know the money maybe different ....i paid about 5 to 600 $s for mine

thanks guys, they generally retail for about 500 - 550 english pounds.

I think ill get it and see.

Just to finish this thread off, I ditched the idea of a Peavey Classic 50 and bought a Fender Twin instead - Im in love ..........

have anyone tryed the MTS3112 from Carvin, it kinda seems to be much better than the peavey or the deville212. Well, lot of people like it. I can't really tell the difference because I have not tried one yet, but having tryed the deville 212 or the deville 410 I can say that my Bassman Ten kicks them both. I have even tryed the Peavey classic 410 and it sounds like the deville410, maybe the dist channel is a bit heavier or hot....

Have a good one... ;)

LeeJ said:
thanks guys, they generally retail for about 500 - 550 english pounds.

I think ill get it and see.
ouch..that's a fair chunk of change...(about $1,000 USD for the uninformed)

if it was me i'd go secondhand...but that's me, and i'm broke...

glimmer_doll said:
ouch..that's a fair chunk of change...(about $1,000 USD for the uninformed)

if it was me i'd go secondhand...but that's me, and i'm broke...

yeah mine retailed new for like 900$s but i traded in on it... i'm sure straight out th door maybe 600 or so

Back