Pearl Jam Cover (My first post!!)

The bass guitar sounds really tight. Fretless?

Snare sounds weak.

Voice is patchy. good at times, not consistent.

You say this is your first post, Ben?

When was it done?

I would explored the depth of voices more if I were doing this. harmony vox for the choruses.

I like the song so I enjoyed hearing your take on it.

Miles

Yep, I used a fretless bass.

The snare is mixed in very lightly in the original, so I was trying to keep as close to the original as possible.

I know the vocal track is not perfect, It was getting late last night and I was just really to wrap this thing up for the time being. THere is a glaring error in the very beginning and a few word enunciations that I'm not ecstatic about.
But singing isn't really something I claim to be good at, I'm just OK at a lot of things.

It's been a work in progress...I had finished it months back with a great vocal take but the song had timing problems, so I tighted up the drums and re-recorded the guitar, then I couldn't get a good vocal take so I stopped fooling with it for a few months. Finally last night I decided to try to vox again and decided they were decent enough to post for now.

Thanks for the feedback!

What, specifically, would you change about the snare?

Anybody else have any feedback for this?

Don't be shy...tear it up. This is my first posting in the MP3 clinic...make it worth my while!

Great job on a great song. I really like the mix and overall feel. I noticed the vocal mistake at the beginning but the rest is good. Keep posting the tunes!

Back