PE-120's ???

brumby

new here...hello to all

I was wondering if anyone is still using these mics, also... for what applications and how??? I currently use a pair on an acoustic guitar setup
(flamenco) and have been very pleased with them. I would like to use them on other instruments or applications. Thanks in advance. :)

I have a pair of PE-80s that I used to use for overheads and acoustic instruments. I haven't had them out in years though. I might have to play around with them again.

hey T.R.!!

I saw an earlier post by you in reference to the PE-12O's...in the mic forum
section. I'm not sure if you saw it but .... You should be using the Everyday 206 battery instead of a "AA" for the mic. Although it "works" with a AA it was designed to use the voltage of a cylindrical 9 volt. The reason for the noise you are experiencing with the mic is due to differences in the voltage that runs the circuitry. ....

Really??? That's VERY interesting. I didn't know about that particular battery. I think I'll pick up a couple. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah...
It's the battery recommended in the original users manual. They are a little pricey though. About $8. You can special order them from Radio Shack.

glad to help...

brumby.

hey T.R.!!

I saw an earlier post by you in reference to the PE-12O's...in the mic forum
section. I'm not sure if you saw it but .... You should be using the Everyday 206 battery instead of a "AA" for the mic. Although it "works" with a AA it was designed to use the voltage of a cylindrical 9 volt. The reason for the noise you are experiencing with the mic is due to differences in the voltage that runs the circuitry. ....

Hey Brumby,

i'm really new at this whole recording thing, but would like to get a bit more serious. I got a PE-120 free from a friend, but its confusing. I heard it requires a special battery. Is "Everyday 206" the type of battery or is it a make?

The two interchangeable heads really get my goose. one has a figure 8 on the side and the other a circle. whats up with that? then their's this big meshed orb which looks like its supposed to go over the mic head, but i don't know how it fits.

Maybe I sound stupid, but I need help please!
:confused:

Back