PC won't recognize second Firepod

Uladine

Okay, so I went and bought two Firepods together so I could have 16 simultaneous inputs. I downloaded the latest drivers and the firmware updater and proceeded to install the Firepods. The first Firepod installed without a hitch. The firmware update worked fine. However, when I connected the second firepod and turned it on, the hardware didn't install automatically like it supposedly should. I noticed that connecting the second firepod makes the first firepod go out of sync (light turns red) and it dissapears from the control panel.

Turning off the second firepod allows the first one to go back to normal. I thought maybe it was a firmware issue, so I disconnected the first firepod and attempted to install the second one on its own so I could update the firmware on it. As soon as I turn it on, the light turns blue, but my system wont recognize it. I uninstalled the drivers to do a clean re-install for the second unit but I keep getting hung up where it tells me to connect my device and turn it on. I do so, and then click "next", but it tells me "no device found" and goes back to the screen telling me to connect and turn on the firepod.

After much frustration I reinstalled the first firepod, which works fine. I'm at my wits end here. The only variable here is the firepod unit itself, I tried all the same cables with both units. The first one works fine, the second one isn't recognized. I hope I didn't get a dud.

I'm plugging firepod 2 into firepod 1. I first followed the Presonus instructions that came with the new drivers and the firmware updater, but they weren't very detailed, so I searched these forums and found this excellent thread:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=170523&referrerid=8229

But it didn't work either. I have tried plugging the second pod into its own port, though, but to no avail. I also tried plugging pod 2 into the same port as pod 1, leaving pod 1 disconnected, but to no avail. I've tried all possible methods of daisy chaining the two pods together, but the second pod just doesn't want to cooperate, whether its the first, second, or only pod in the system. I'm starting to think It might be a problem with the unit itself, and I may need to return it. I think I'll give Presonus a call. Wish me luck. ;)

Last edited:
Without having a Firepod, getting one though, it sounds like a clock issue and a setup issue to me. When you chain them, I read where you have to connect the SPDIF and use #2 as your master. You have to set that up in the control panel. good luck

Back