pc to mac, tranferring projects

The Flame

hey guys, i just got a max book pro and i am going to install my copy of cubase on it.

I have a song i have been workin on in the pc and wanted to know if there was a flawless way of transferring the project's from and tracks.

I can def get the tracks over but i am worried about having to slide everything into the right time.

Thanks in advance.

If you have things set up right, each Cubase project should be in it's own folder. Just copy the entire folder for that project. Only other thing you really need to do is make sure that whatever VST's you were using for that projct on the pc, are installed on the mac.

If the plugins aren't installed on the mac....you could just render each track to it's own file...but obviously you would lose the ability to undo any editing or processing that is rendered.

just wanted to add that if you don't have a file structure where every project and it's audio are in a seperate folder there is a quick way yo do it.

go file>save project to new folder

then burn disc/use pen drive to transfer and everything should be ok.

hope this helps

Dave

Thanks for your help guys, i will def try this out. I now have cubase installed on my mac, but i am having hard tme transferring plugins.

Can mac accept .dll files?

Also, i downloaded some free plugins, "fish fillet" suite. These are vsts, and I cant seem to get them to work in the program. They are in the vst folder, and in library/audio/plugins/vst

How do I make these work?

Thanks for your help guys, i will def try this out. I now have cubase installed on my mac, but i am having hard tme transferring plugins.

Can mac accept .dll files?

Also, i downloaded some free plugins, "fish fillet" suite. These are vsts, and I cant seem to get them to work in the program. They are in the vst folder, and in library/audio/plugins/vst

How do I make these work?

You can't just copy and paste the plugs between a PC and Mac like that, because (as far as I know, at least, heh...) dll files are for Windows only... You're gonna have to find a Mac installer for each of your plugins, I would assume.

Back