PC Speaker going off like a siren

James, I read and understood almost everything on the link you posted. Couldn't find the answer to a question, though: by replacing SoundBlaster driver and also NVidia (my AGP), will this 4in1 driver work properly with these cards (audio/video)? Shouldn't the manufacturer drivers be the best option?

PS: I haven't tried simply changing to ASIO yet. I'll do it before anything.

PS': My motherboard's chipset is VIA.

thanks!

The 4-in-1 drivers doesen't replace any drivers for hardware such as soundcard and videocard. It just adds drivers for your VIA motherboard. :)

Nothing will change! Except you might get a more stable computer.... ;)

Moskus, I changed to ASIO, and indeed those poltergaist creepy noises are gone. But now I get to another problem: everything is gone! Sonar doesn't play any sound! :eek:

I went to Options -> Audio -> Drivers and no drivers are showed in the input and output list. I went then to SoundBlaster's website to look for those ASIO drivers, but they're available only for Audigy series (mine is a Live! Platinum). :(

Is there another way I can solve this problem?

PS: I'll install these 4in1 drivers tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks!

I suppose that by installing one of these drivers, I'll lose my EAX (games) feature from SBLive, since those are 'generic' drivers. Am I correct?

James Argo said:
You guys using SB Live! with ASIO? You need special driver to do so...

Anyway, don't forget to check the motherboard's chipset. If it's VIA, then you better install VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 driver to avoid noises with SB Live! (or any creative's card)...

;)
Jaymz

If its the Via/AMD 760 series on the southbridge the driver pack doesn't work on it.

That's correct, Toki :) I think the site has some infos somewhere about it. :)

Anyway, SB Live! doesn't have official ASIO driver. Audigy does. Some people tried to tweak and build their own driver where you can have ASIO feature with SB Live! series card. It's available on links moskus mentioned. However, many Creative's application (EAX, AudioHQ, etc) won't work with these driver.

James Argo said:
However, many Creative's application (EAX, AudioHQ, etc) won't work with these driver.

Well, that answers my question. If I have to lose EAX for Sonar 3, then be it! Warcraft and Unreal will have to live without it!

Originally posted by Toki987
If its the Via/AMD 760 series on the southbridge the driver pack doesn't work on it.

Let's keep the English, please gentlemans. My motherboard seems to be VIA KT266a chipset. Any problems with this chipset Toki?

Thanks!

moskus said:

Well, it didn't work guys... :( I'm giving it up.

With the driver of the first link I get no sound coming from Sonar, and with the second one all my applications get muted...

I'll stick with the good and old Sonar 2XL for good.

(Maybe Sonar 3 is not compatible with WinXP Pro in Portuguese - Brazilian. Maybe with the next patch, uh?!)

Thanks for your help, though! :)

Ok guys, now it's half working. :D

I uninstalled all my drivers and Sonar, then applied thoses VIA patches, then re-installed SoundBlaster drivers and its patches, then re-installed Sonar.

Most of the noises are gone, but still there are a few of my projects that make noises when I playback. But I guess I can live with this few noises. It's affecting only two projects, so I'm thinking of recording it again.

I didn't try recording, because the gret new SoundBlaster driver doesn't show me the 'Line-in 2' option, so you know the rest. I've sent and e-mail to SoundBlaster asking how to fix it, and if I have noises while recording I'll ask for you help once again. :D

Thanks a lot guys!

Well, that's good to hear, Bloodshark :)

About the SBLive! driver, I don't think they will support you that much anymore regarding this "old" product". But I'm aware that by saying " Line Input-2" you must use Live! Drive (breakout box), right? Then you probably need to download and install their newest update patch for users who has Live! Drive with their SBLive! card. IOW, the original driver worked only for the card, you need to install particular patch if you connect it to Live! Drive... anyway, please bear with it, because in these such "Creative" issue, everyone including me can be wrong anyway... :p :D

;)
Jaymz

James Argo said:
I don't think they will support you that much anymore regarding this "old" product".

Yeah... I guess you're right. They've replied my e-mail, but with a lot of stupid advices, like "download the latest drivers from our site" :rolleyes:

I replied that mail. Let's see where it gets! :D

Back