PayPal!

Me too.
I'm really overloaded with mics right now.
Thought I might put them on here but not if Paypal takes more than a very small percentage.
I could look it up, I suppose.

2.9%.
Probably nothing that would interest you, MS.
A whole whack of entry level mics from Nady, Behringer, AKG and a couple of Shures.
I'll keep two studio mics out of the sale and will also be putting all of my live mics up but will pull a couple of them out if more than two or three sell.

2.9% !!!! inconceivable!!!!
I guess that's how they make money.
You give me $103. and I'll give him $100. And everything will be cool! wink, wink nudge, nudge know what I mean? Know what I mean? :D

Do that 750,000 times in a quarter.

Credit card processing costs money. I get lower rates on volume, but not much lower. You can pick any merchant account provider you want, unless you are Wal-Mart you probably aren't getting much less than 2%.

PP is 2.9% + $0.30 BTW.

I started taking PayPal because my credit card machine and the processing service was costing me $20/month even if I didn't use it. They also took 3% of each purchase on top of that. It's the cost of doing business. The ability to take credit cards can make you more money, so it all comes out in the wash.

Just pass the fee on to the consumer. That's what I do. Works every time.

Unless, of course, the consumer knows the fee and you try to jack it up to 5%. Happened to me one time, not you mate, that git lost the sale. Also provide options. If you insist on paypal be ready to eat the fee.

Also provide options.
There's nothing wrong with money orders but we've gotten so used to instant gratification that the poor stiff who cannot set up a credit card & Paypal account gets left behind.,

You can send money via paypal as a "gift" and there's no fee. I buy and sell on the classifieds section of another (UK based) forum and "PPG" is the usual payment method.

There's nothing wrong with money orders but we've gotten so used to instant gratification that the poor stiff who cannot set up a credit card & Paypal account gets left behind.,

I never buy something if PP is the only option. Way too much scammers operate that way, because the buyer believes the "Buyer protection". There are several ways to exploit the system and PP doesn't do much to stop them. Same policy as eBay...

Back