Pattern for Cutting Fabric to Cover Acoustic Panels?

tonesponge

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I think I have almost all of the information I need now to treat my studio, thanks to you guys.

The only additional thing I'd like is to see how some panels are covered in the fabric, and get an idea for how to cut the fabric so it goes on easily and gets the job done, while looking professional.

Ideally, I'd like to see some patterns for cutting the fabric for certain sizes and shapes of panels, especially 48 x 24 x 4, and some illustrations of how to put the fabric on so that it looks neat and tidy, especially if there is some folding and tucking of edges and the like.

Has anyone seen a link to some info like that?

I'm not sure there are any "patterns" involved. It all depends on the construction you choose. For me the 56"-60" bolt width was good for the 48" dimension and I cut at 39" for the 24". Fold, snug, staple.

I think you may find videos on Youtube.

lou

There ya' go. Mine are slightly different - I used strapping flat and stapled - but the wood "frame" is really just for affixing the fabric and hanging. I've seen other approaches as well with exposed wood frames, metal, no frame, etc. It's pretty free from standards other than the stuffing.

lou

Back