Patch bay - terminology - capabilities

Bloomington

I am thinking of purchasing a patch bay. One set up configuration I would lkike to do with it is to just make the I/O's on some effects units I have in a rack more accessible. That is using the patch bay to "bring their rear connections to the front".

I see the terms normalled, 1/2 normalled and de-normalled used describing certain manufacturers parchbays capabilities. To do what I describe above (running a cable from the I?O's of an effects unit to the rear of the patch bay and having them connect to front of the bay) which capability does the patch bay need to have?

Thanks!

Thanks Regebro for finding the site - much obliged!!!

Still just want to be sure of the capability that essentially establishes a single direct connection from a top rear jack to a top front jack only and/or a bottom rear jack to a front bottom jack only.

Thanks
PS - How the heck do you get the icons printed in the text portion of your posts?????????????????????????

Make sure to include mults!

These allow you to take an output from any source, go one channel into the mult then split it into several outputs. Very effective when tracking vocals. Out of the mic-pre into mult, 4 outs of the mult into 4 separate tape ins. Now you can quickly do several takes of vocals by just arming the the individual tracks on the recorder. You'll no longer need to stop to re-patch for a diferent track or use the console for bussing.

Just my 2 cents.

Back