Paradigm - Known as, Beppe

knownasbeppe

Hello fellow musiclovers and muscians alike! This here is a quick song I put together after I broke free from a very deep rooted writersblock.

As the title of the song points out, the lyrics are about a change in perspective and patterns. I focused alot on creating a soothing atmosphere with heavy drums for this track.

https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe/paradigm

Here are the lyrics:

Hey, I saw you from afar
You were sitting on a treebranch
Downtown Paris from a car
The way you move makes my body disappear
I am falling from a star
My body's aching from the moves you are making

My hair gets thinner as I talk
Is it stress, or is time running out for me?
I thought I saw you fram afar
Turns out the tree was dead and lying in your car

It was never your style
To end a life with a smile
But it was always your time
To break free from your paradigm

With love
/Known as, Beppe
Tommy

You've got some cool sounds in here, and it's a solid song.

Couple mix issues tho. The drums get pretty buried when more synths kick in. (except for the hi-hat, which I would shift a little to the right.) It's less pronounced on the reverby drums, but they could probably come up a tad too.
I'm also hearing a lot of lip smacks on the vocals.

I liked the song overall. I thought the drums were a little machine-gunny, if you follow. Can you upgrade to something like Addictive Drums that actually changes the sample from beat to beat making it sound more humanized?

Hello!

Yes, I was sitting with those drums for a while not knowing what to do about that issue. I did try to cut from 150 on all the synths, but that didn't work, so I am thinking I put too much low end synths in the track perhaps..? I will look into this problem during the next mix session more in-depth.

About the machine-gun drums: I agree with you, although I didn't know that such a drum-machine existed that changed the sample. I will use this from now on. Personally I like the machine-gun sound to an extent. I felt it made that track drift a little bit more towards the electronic-sound which I was looking to create. Thank you for the "Addictive Drum" pitch (it will most likley be used on future projects from now on)

Thank you for your feedback.

Back