PAiA Stack-In-A-Box/tube products

Noplasticrobots

I caught a link to PAiA.com last night through the DIY section of the site. Holy crap! This stuff is just what I've been looking for! DIY kits that are inexpensive and aimed at the unexperienced (like myself).

I'm considering the Stack-In-A-Box because most of my recording situations involve DI guitar and most digital effects units I've used don't impress me too much. Has anyone had any experience with this particular unit or any of PAiA's tube products? If you have, do the kits come with the tubes and are they of good quality? Any third party info on these kits or PAiA from you guys would be appreciated. I'd much rather save money, build it myself and have a product to be proud of then battle the P.A.P.C (Pro Audio Ponytailed Crew) at Guitar Center for a Behringer tub pre. :)

Reactions: NL5
The Stack-In-a-Box is crap. If you want to DI guitar buy a Behringer V-Amp Pro. It sounds good and you don't have to waste time building it. But what do I know,I'm just a guy with a big o'l ponytail.:D

You can modify Paia stuff into anything you want, so it's not crap. It's better than open source software because you don' t have to learn to program, compile and fix bugs written by other people. A Behringer V-Amp is something you have to live with what they give ya. Any modifiable components in that won't make a difference because its DSP is its sound.

Back