Pacific FS Series or CX Series?

Enrique

I currently am looking to purchase a new set. Now, the two sets that I have been comparing and contrasting the most are Pacific's FS Birch and CX Maple series. Now, I pretty much have an idea of what the spec are for both sets, read a few reviews, but now, am looking for opinions. Which set would you choose over the other? DW claims that the FS Birch is all-birch. Now, I've had some people tell me otherwise that it isn't all birch, just a combo of different types of woods. And as for the CX all-maple, same story. People have told me that it's not an all-maple shell, just a combo. So in short, does anyone know more about these two sets or even played on either? If you had to, which would you choose? And if not these sets, what else would you prefer over these two within the price range? Tama Rockstar Custom? Yamaha Stage Custom? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Both are pretty good sets for the price. Most drums are like that, they have anywhere from 3 to 12 plys of wood material. Some are made of a mixture of woods, some all one type. I prefer maple, hence I play a Mapex kit. Its 5 ply with the inner 2 and outer shells being maple. They are light and respond well. Ususally the birch kits are darker, at least the ones I have played are. Usually the all birch or all maple kits are very expensive, sometimes into the $2000 range for a 5 piece. I personally really like the yamaha recording customs. They sound soooo good. Tama's are a little too harsh for me. But I prefer my simple Mapex kit, just because I have it worked in good and I know all the sublties and I know exactly what sounds I can get out of it. Just my 2 cents.

Back