PA9 Newbie Question

faithful

I posted this in the Newbie forum but I thought this one might be a little more appropriate.

I know this is probably a simple preferences fix or something but it's got me baffled. Problem is I am editing a MIDI track that is let's say 10 bars long. I put the mouse at somewhere around bar 5 (it really makes no difference where) and tell it to split the MIDI clip. The pop-up dialog box says "Split at XXX" but that value is different than my now time. I can manually change the "Split at XXX" to match the now time and it does what I want but why is it off every time I do this? I went to Mars the other day and fiddle with one of their demo computers and the Cake program there didn't do this. What am I doing wrong?

TIA

Jason A.

Hmmm... not sure, I never see the dialog box, since I always just place the now time cursor at the spot I want and do a CTRL+S while the whole track or appropriate clip is selected, and it just puts it there, no dialog box or nuthin'.

Are you up to CW9.03 patch yet? If not I would start there as that sounds like something the update may take care of.

If you are at 9.03, what version was the Mars system at? What directx version? Take your clip there and try it one the system that worked. Perhaps it has something to do with the clip itself? ou need to identify the differnces in the sstem that worked and the system that didn't.

Good luck.

Back