PA Suggestion?

Boots

Our band is currently in the process in buying our own "PA System" for practice and gigs. We bought a Peavey CS800X Power Amp and are looking for speaker cabinets to buy. We play clubs and parties and are tired of renting PA Systems.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what PA speakers or combinations we should buy? I was thinking about getting two 2-way speaker cabinets with a horn and 12" speaker and adding a base speaker cabinet for the lower range. Would this be sufficient? As you can tell, we are not sound engineers and we would like to get the best sound at a decent price.

We are also in the process in purchasing a Mackie 1604 VLZ Pro Mixer.

Thanks.

Scott

Yo Scott,

Im just down the road, near Cincinnati. What kind of music do you play? This, and WHERE, determine the types of speaker cabs you want to get. I myself like the JBL mid-line speakers. I use 4 boxes that each have 2 15" and a horn for my mains at most shows. BUT- you may need to but additional amps with a bigger load. It's kind of like how big are the places you play and how loud do you want it do be?

H2H

I'm sure people will say this setup is bad and all that, and not what you want, but anyways.....

We only run vocals out of our PA. If thats all you're doing, then this should do you fine. We have 2 Fender 15"'s and a Crest Audio amp. 750 watts a side at 2 ohms or osmething like that. ART FXR for a little verb, and a Behringer 1604A. We only run vocals, the occasional guitar and keyboards, and maybe the bass drum just to enhance the attack out of the PA. SOudns fine for us. If I was gonna upgrade I'd get 2 subs, an active crossover and another amp.

Jake

Yamaha 4115's - 15" with horn drivers. We have worked everything from small clubs to outdoor festivals with these over the last twenty years, and they're still kickin'!

Back