PA Rig

thane1200

Medicated Member
Hey all, I just finished building a small rack for my Pa rig. After looking at rack-cases I decided I would just build one. I went to the hardware store and $65.00 I had supplies. Sorry for lack of progress pics, but It's hard to keep the camera handy during the build.

I'm currently looking for a 1U line mixer to finish it off. I use a DJ Mixer for 3-4 inputs, but If I want to add more; like mics etc. I want more inputs. I wantt o do it on the cheap and am thinking BEHRINGER MX882 ULTRALINK. Any thoughts???

Attachments

• P1010101.jpg
    P1010101.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010100.jpg
    P1010100.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010102.jpg
    P1010102.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 54
Looks pretty sweet. You used aluminum U-channel for the edges?

The MX882 will work, but don't expect much from the preamps. There's not much available in single rack units until you're in the mid price ranges. Look at Mackie Onyx 400F or the Studio Projects SP-828.

I'd suggest, though, that you consider ditching the single rack limitation and simply opt for a small live mixer. Your options open up a lot and the mixer could sit right on the rack top during a gig. Look at Yamaha MG series, Mackie, Soundcraft, Peavey.

Looks pretty sweet. You used aluminum U-channel for the edges?

The MX882 will work, but don't expect much from the preamps. There's not much available in single rack units until you're in the mid price ranges. Look at Mackie Onyx 400F or the Studio Projects SP-828.

I'd suggest, though, that you consider ditching the single rack limitation and simply opt for a small live mixer. Your options open up a lot and the mixer could sit right on the rack top during a gig. Look at Yamaha MG series, Mackie, Soundcraft, Peavey.

The mixer is a good suggestion , but I wanted to go as small/simple as possible. If I ever need the flexibility/inputs of a larger mixer I have a 20 channel mixer that would cover that, I just didn't want to have to dig it out just for a few mics.

Back