p60 and p80

ambi

What is the difference between the Yamaha p60 and p80 keyboard, besides the price?

I think maybe the p80 has a few more sounds, but they have the same number of keys and the same weighting, but the p60 has speakers.

Would the p60 be better for learning on? I'm going to use it to learn on/use as a midi controller.

I've got the P80, and I love it. Great feel, great piano sounds.

I've not really played the P60 properly - I played one briefly in a shop just to see how the action was (it was turned off) - and I didn't think it felt as good as the P80. Are you sure they're supposed to have the same action?

Well that is what i was told... but it also came from a sales person.

They also said the sound were "as good or better" than the p80...

Maybe just sales person garbage?

This can actually be REALLY easy.

P60 doesn't have independent outs, just headphone and midi.

designed for the aspiring beginner, sounds good through headphones, but the internal speakers suck.

same feel as the rest of the P series family - graded hammer action.

But, if you're truly investigating these boards, why not:

a) try them out yourself
b) check out the specs at http://www.yamaha.com (do a search for these two) - WAIT.

I tried posting direct links but it didn't work out.

We americans are so friggin' lazy, all we know how to do is ask "What's the difference between this and that *BESIDES THE PRICE*"

Sorry - there's just so many resources available that I personally can't stand to have my hand held every time I have a question that regards two products and price.

And, for a little mix of confusion, why not hold out for the P90 that's soon to be released by Yamaha. I suspect it'll sound better than both of those boards, with the same keybed and controller options that we've all grown to love.

-muzakal

Back