P-Bass pickup suggestions

timboZ

It's time to change out the pickups on my P-Bass. Looking for a warmer tone with less mud..:confused:

l_2ea1c30165f02e632605aa187ac42d27.jpg

It currently has EMG Select P-Bass Pickups on it with a through body bridge.

Any suggestions.

I was thinking Basslines SPB-3 quarter-pounders.

I'd suggest Dimarzio Model P. They are my favorite P pickups these days, at least in the old school style, though if you are looking for a more modern style pickup, Bartolini makes some very nice P bass pickups. I'm itching to try a newer one, the 8CBP. I just got one in the shop, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

I have three Precisions, a '51 RI, a '50s, and a fretless. All have Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound pickups with Thomastik-Infeld Jazz Flats. I'm extremely happy with the tone.

Kent Armstrong

I've used KA split p bass pups in my builds for a long time now.
alnico magnets, 10K ohms..I like them very much.
The approach of these pups is if it aint broke, don't fix it.
You want the top end p basses are famous for, the growl, the smooth low end.. these have it.
all the classic rock tones.. and country tones.. all the p bass is known by.. what made it probably the most universally used bass out there.

I've heard dimarzios I liked, too....and duncans. I'm not saying there can be only one!

I've got a new pair here, 70.00 at WDmusic.. I'll let 'em go for 42.00 with
a couple of bucks for shipping. black covers.

I think if more people tried 'em they'd know why I use 'em. But this is no hard sell .. just thought I'd offer.
I've used their jazz bass pups, too, and have been really happy with them as well.

TWANG

Back