oxide everywhere

First of all, this thread came to a happy conclusion with Phil Paske sending tsqair a new tape.

RMGI have resolved any shedding issues due to curing. Every tape manufacturer in history has had bad batches... nothing new here. Now and then you may find a bad RMGI tape that someone is reselling even though they know it's bad. Other than that the new RMGI being manufactured today is good stuff.

The only issue I have with RMGI right now is the price, and it doesn't smell as nice as Ampex/Quantegy 456. :)

Once again, ATR tape is not suitable for all machines, and neither are other +9/+10 tapes like SM900 or 499.

To recommend ATR across the board without extensive knowledge of tape and various tape machines is unwise.

Dodgeaspen, at this point many of us are ready to write you off as an ATR Guerrilla marketer. Whether you are or not, the result will likely be that the regulars here will stop interacting with you regardless of topic.

It’s one thing if someone asks what kind of tape people like, but to dig up old threads just to pimp ATR is not cool.

I don't like to speak negatively, but I completely agree with everything stated in the last two posts by cjacek and Beck. I was tired of it a long time ago.

As I stated in response to one of your other RMGI bashing posts, give it a rest, please. We all know how you feel.

Tip...

Many older decks might have the tensions out of spec, with a higher than optimum tension that would exacerbate any shedding problem.:eek:;)

the tape is fine

just an up date ; the new tape that was sent to me operates and sounds great!
tommy

Back