Owens Corning 703?

BradD

I keep hearing people talk about how this is the stuff to use for absorption, bass traps, etc. I've called just about every place in Kansas City and can't find it. I even had a guy at Lowe's call Owens Corning to see if they could special order it. The person at Owens Corning didn't know what the hell it was. Instead they wanted to sell me some black acoustic material that sells for $36 a sheet. Ouch!

Where do you buy OC 703? Does it really exist?

I had a hell of a time finding it too. Actually, I never did find the 703 stuff from corning. But I did find some stuff refered to as, "Duct Board". Same stuff basically and it comes in 4'x10'x1" sheets. It's used to wrap hvac ducts I guess. Good luck in your search.

Ah yes! I found it. A little hole in the wall insulation supply company had it. However, I ended up buying some other stuff that looked even better. It's called mineral wool (same as rock wool) and it's four inches think. I've put a small amount up on the wall facing my monitors and it's already making a big difference. I have more being delivered tomorrow.

Hey Brad, what's the name of that little hole in the wall? I'm in KC too and starting to think about the walls in my project studio. Thanks a lot, Scott

I found two places. One that had it in stock and wanted 90 cents per sq. foot (Specialty Products & Insulation (816) 842-4900) and one that has it for 59 cents but has to order it (Sierra Building Products (816) 474-0088.

I ended up buying 4 in. thick mineral wool from Specialty Products for 59 cents per sq. foot. It seems like it will work well.

Back