Outside Looking In

Wow, sweet tones- really just thick and syrupy. Everything sounds good to me here..and I really like the singer's voice. Reminds of something I can't place. I'm probably overstepping here but one thing I'd like to hear arrangementwise is a couple place where the rhythm gits break from that "deh deh.....deh deh" pattern even just for a couple bars. To me it would improve the "flow", whatever that means. But in general I think this is a pretty sweet mix.
Funny you should bring this up. I was considering a change of some kind to the rhythm where the third line pattern comes in on each verse. Something more single shot or strummy. But I liked the way it turned out and other than a few tweaks I want to do on the drum level still, I'm pretty much done with this one - recording wise. One of the problems with this pattern is it's a bitch to play live and sing. I'm working on a live version but it's been tricky.

After two listens, gotta say man - this rocks. If I had my druthers, I'd do exactly what Greg recommended. Take everything but the drums down just a bit. Maybe 1db (or two), just so the snare never gets buried.

As far as the stereo field is concerned, it sounds nearly perfect. Toms sound good, hats sound good, ride sounds good.

Great work, man.

After two listens, gotta say man - this rocks. If I had my druthers, I'd do exactly what Greg recommended. Take everything but the drums down just a bit. Maybe 1db (or two), just so the snare never gets buried.

As far as the stereo field is concerned, it sounds nearly perfect. Toms sound good, hats sound good, ride sounds good.

Great work, man.
Thanks Jason, the drum tracks were great and pretty easy to mix. We still have to do the remix - got caught up in a different song last week. We will have to drop everything else as suggested as we are peaking on the mains trying to up the drum bus.

Back