outputs

Roaf

Dumbass
Here's a dumb question. What are the outputs on break-out boxes for? If I want to record to a PC doesn't the PCI card act as the out put? Why would I need eight 1/4 out puts for example?

Thanks

Roaf

If your outputs are on the breakout box, there won't be any outputs on the pci card (not that I've seen anyway).

Multiple outs are useful for routing your output signal to a number of different places, eg a couple to your monitors, a couple to an external amp for control room or headphone monitoring. Or you might want to route seperate tracks back into a mixer....endless possibilities

BH, gave you a GREAT answer....

Here is another reason why you might want eight OUTs...

If you are a Homerecca, you will probably need to eventually go to the BIG studio. Trust me, those eight outputs will save you TIME and MONEY, when you are tracking to the ProTools system.

spin

SPINSTERWUN said:
If you are a Homerecca, you will probably need to eventually go to the BIG studio. Trust me, those eight outputs will save you TIME and MONEY, when you are tracking to the ProTools system.

spin

In that case you would just export the .wav files to disc and skip the extra conversion and time involved in transferring the files.

Back