output problem

Kante

I'm using Cubase 5.1 with a Pentium 4 computer system, and a MOTU XT usb midi interface. When I record midi then play it back, the sound will suddently disappear. I clearly see the recorded information in the arrange window, and the transport bar and the arrange colum clearly shows the midi activity.

I'm also using an older modle of mixer (behringer 2802) might this be the problem for not receiving midi output?

I speaking to others some suggested that Cubase may have problems with usb interfaces.

Any advice will be deeply appreciated.

Midi doesn't have any sound, it's only a form of triggering, so your mixer will have nothing to playback... tell me exactely what gear you have and i'll tell you how to hook it up properly with cubase...

midi output problem

My gear includes the following:

Pentium 4, with 512 DDR
Roland 3080, and 880
Novation superbass station
ASR 10 keyboard as the controller
MPC 2000 XL
Motu XT midi express interface

I also noticed that when I select a midi device from the Cubase arrange window, the eight outut interface does not change to the corrisponding output in Cubase. I have to manually select the correct setting on the interface.

This is why I think the problem my be with the midi interface.

Just to make sure I have it correct..

When you playback, you start to hear your MIDI sounds and then it abruptly stops?

or is it that when you playback, you don't hear anything?

If it's the first I can't help you, if it's the second I probably can.

playback problem

Bass Master "K"

What is your solution to not getting playback in Cubase?

Do you know of an instructional video for Cubase 5.1 ?

I also read where Motu interfaces (8 outputs) do not work well with Cubase in windows OS. Could anyone recommand an eight output or more interface that works well with Cubase in a Windows environment?

Thanks for you advice

Last edited:
I'm going to keep woking on the problem, and I'll be glad to let you know what I come up with.

Thanks to all for the input.

New ouput issue

After researching audio forums, and speaking with countless individuals, I concluded the source of my probelm was the Motu interface itself. I since changed to the Midiman 8x8 interface which works perfectly with Cubase.

I am however having another problem that I know can be corrected with advise.

I'm stilll using Cubase 5.1 and for some reason I can only hear the midi device (keyboard) when I play. When I switch to the other devices ( sound modules) I don't hear the output although I see where the speicified device is active.

However the output is heard when I play what was recorded.
I know it's a simple solution, I just don't know what it is.

Back