Out of curiousity:

deejaytrixx

SouthSide Glen and all the other everyday mixers..I was curious..I know I don't mix as much as you guys, but I have yet to run into a situation where I have used reverb in mono, or multi mono and was wondering what practical applications you have found if any for these?

What do you mean use reverb in mono? Like on a mono track? I usually use a touch of reverb on vocal tracks. Aside from that I try to find places where there's a natural verb happening and keep away from adding reverb.

What do you mean use reverb in mono? Like on a mono track? I usually use a touch of reverb on vocal tracks. Aside from that I try to find places where there's a natural verb happening and keep away from adding reverb.

ok, my usual vocal chain for instance is dynamics as inserts and then I send the pre or post fader to an aux with a verb if necessary..I normally insert the verb in stereo..but I've never inserted it as multi-mono or mono for that instance..was wondering what practical applications others have found for these settings.

I use reverb on backing tracks,and or Adlib tracks on a mono track panned left or right for flavor.

Usually if I use a mono reverb, it's as an effect on that instrument sound rather than as a reverb meant to sound like it's placing the instrument in a real space. There are exceptions to that, but I think that's the easiest short answer ;).

Often I'll lay it on top of the dry channel, but occasionally - especially with a nice pre-delay added - it makes an interesting use to pan the mono verb to an empty slot in the panspace.

G.

Usually if I use a mono reverb, it's as an effect on that instrument sound rather than as a reverb meant to sound like it's placing the instrument in a real space. There are exceptions to that, but I think that's the easiest short answer ;).

Often I'll lay it on top of the dry channel, but occasionally - especially with a nice pre-delay added - it makes an interesting use to pan the mono verb to an empty slot in the panspace.

G.

I tried this last night on a rather poor vocal performance I was way too lazy to have the artist come and re-sing (it wouldn't have made sense either way, he has poor vocal control) So I figured why not experiment..Some not so clever usage made the tail ends of the notes sustain longer, lending way to a "smoother" sounding vocal performance..

Thanks guys, you all gave me some new inspiration to get back to work

Back