Our latest work in progress

Markd102

Heaps to do yet but would like some thoughts at this stage.

The track is called "All Alone" and you can get it here

The other track on the page is something a mate's band came in and tracked live in the studio. Have a listen for a laugh if you want. It's very Zappa.

Both tracks recorded on a PC DIGI001 system.

Mark

Both recordings sound good. Anything I could find fault in would be nit-picking.

That first tune reminded me of Janis. Not the vocal so much as the guitar riffing and the general feel of the tune. Cool stuff.

I love that second tune! Very Zappa-esque indeed. I also like the whole "live in the studio" vibe. Bleed is good!:D

Nice work.:)

Nice job man!
The vocals seem to have too much dynamics for a tune like this.. compression is good... or maybe I'm just addicted... who knows.. the start of the song just seemed to have not enough attack on the Vox... I love the song though.. It's got a kewl ring.. nice vox level going into the song.....
...The Vox at 2:29 are a little Heavy IMO.. just taste though..
ROCK ON! Thanks for sharing!

-Brent

I hear ya on the compression thing. Will probably re-track the vocals anyway because I've just acquired a Mindprint Envoice. Will probably track with a bit of compression because Brenda (vocalist) uses a wide dynamic range when she sings. Mic technique doesn't always save it.
Thanks for the comments. All appreciated.
Mark

Back