Other recording forums

I've looked in on a few over the years but apart from maybe those that are specific to products I use {IK multimedia, for example}, I can't see myself being part of another.
This is a pretty all encompassing site with some interesting bods and a nice balance between technical stuff, conceptual stuff, musical stuff and those murky places in between.

Blues Brothers ain't blues. Blues Brothers is Rhythm and Blues. Different genre.

Wait...wrong thread? :confused:
I know, it aint straight blues. I do like a lot of the Stax style true black folk R&B and Soul. Otis Redding, Booker T, Wilson Pickett, etc. That stuff was great.

I tend to like it less when more modern white crackas try to do it.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Let's hit the HR forum.

(One of my favourite films even though the music isn't my genre either.)

At gear sluts it's hard to tell if you are talking to fellow musicians or salesman pimping their own products. Some of the posts over there read like infomercials - particularly in the UA Apollo thread.

At gear sluts it's hard to tell if you are talking to fellow musicians or salesman pimping their own products. Some of the posts over there read like infomercials - particularly in the UA Apollo thread.

Gearslutz might be one of the shittiest music sites on the webs.

It's a shame and at the same time it's pretty revealing, I think, that all the "leaders" of the recording industry/machine/whatever it may be these days are there blowing smoke up each other's asses and playing audiophile voodoo cards endlessly... Other professions don't do that. There's not a carpentryslutz forum where they all insist they see superior results from using 60 year old rusty chisels. Programmers don't rave and insist that true software can only be achieved with 1954 computers full of vacuum tubes... Those things are no more absurd than the bullshit that's posted endlessly on that website that then spill out to the rest of the world as truth because the guys making buttloads of money say it's the only way.

It's a damn shame that that's true...

Gearslutz is about the gear, not the music and that's fine. There's room for a site to discuss the technology.

What's not so go is that there's a lot of utter rubbish being posted as fact and often going unchallenged. There's far too much opinion dressed up as science.

Back