Otari MX-70 Tach Roller Repair help please!

studiodrum

Hey guys, . . hows everybody these days?

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me remove the Tachometer Roller, Part KI-1D001. I'm having a hell of a tikr trying to remove this roller. . . .if anyone has any advice or a method of removing it, . . please give me a shout! Thank guys. . .

BE VERY CAREFUL

DO NOT PULL THE TACHOMETER ROLLER OUT

you will DAMAGE the tachometer disc that sits under the tachometer roller.

you have to take the face off the deck and remove the sensors that sit around the tachometer disc.

BE VERY CAREFUL

DO NOT PULL THE TACHOMETER ROLLER OUT

you will DAMAGE the tachometer disc that sits under the tachometer roller.

you have to take the face off the deck and remove the sensors that sit around the tachometer disc.

Hey thanks Falken for the help! Yeah, I've noticed that, . . unfortunately, I cant figure out how to remove those tiny set screws that hold in those brass Tach Discs??? Maybe I dont have the correct size hex key,...but nothing seems to fit those tiny set screws-- its driving me crazy! :eek:

you probably have american hex wrenches that are measured in sixteenths...otari is japanese you need metric wrenches, they have they at any hardware store

BINGO! That was it, . . .! Duh, what an idiot, . .I dont know what compelled me to use American Hex's, . . You are correct FALKEN, . . .I need to use Metric hex's. . .Thank you!!!

Back